story englannista suomeksi
- Venice, with its unique city and its impressive story
- The four great monarchies make the subject of ancient story.
(quote-book)| title=(w)| chapter=1| passage=The stories did not seem to me to touch life. They were plainly intended to have a bracing moral effect, and perhaps had this result for the people at whom they were aimed. They left me with the impression of a well-delivered stereopticon lecture, with characters about as life-like as the shadows on the screen, and whisking on and off, at the mercy of the operator.
(quote-journal)| title=Travels and travails| passage=Even without hovering drones, a lurking assassin, a thumping score and a denouement, the real-life story of Edward Snowden, a rogue spy on the run, could be straight out of the cinema. But, as with Hollywood, the subplots and exotic locations may distract from the real message: America’s discomfort and its foes’ glee.
1644, (w), ''(w)'':
- (..) who is so unread or so uncatechis'd in story, that hath not heard of many sects refusing books as a hindrance, and preserving their doctrine unmixt for many ages, only by unwritt'n traditions.
A sequence of events, or a situation, such as might be related in an account.
- It is storied of the brazen colossus in Rhodes, that it was seventy cubits high.
1900, (w), ''(w)'', chapter I:
- The lower story of the market-house was open on all four of its sides to the public square.
A level of a building.
A line of paddles on a ship.