story englannista suomeksi
1673, (w), ''An Essay upon the Advancement of Trade in Ireland''
- ...it must be exploded for fabulous, with other relics of ancient story...
June 1861, ''(w)'', ''The Kingdom of Italy''
- Venice, with its unique city and its impressive story...
2006 Feb. 17, Graham Linehan, ''The IT Crowd'', Season 1, Episode 4:
- So, what happened?It's quite a long story actually...Really? Don't worry about it then.
(quote-journal)| title=Travels and travails| passage=Even without hovering drones, a lurking assassin, a thumping score and a denouement, the real-life story of Edward Snowden, a rogue spy on the run, could be straight out of the cinema. But, as with Hollywood, the subplots and exotic locations may distract from the real message: America’s discomfort and its foes’ glee.
1991, Stephen King, ''Needful Things''
- He stood on the doorstep for a minute, listening for sounds inside the house — a radio, a TV tuned to one of the stories (..)
(RQ:Milton Areopagitica) who is so unread or so uncatechis'd in story, that hath not heard of many sects refusing books as a hindrance, and preserving their doctrine unmixt for many ages, only by unwritt'n traditions.
A sequence of events, or a situation, such as might be related in an account.
- It is storied of the brazen colossus in Rhodes, that it was seventy cubits high.
(alternative spelling of).
(RQ:Chesnutt House Behind the Cedars)
A level of a building.
A line of paddles on a ship.