sister englannista suomeksi
A senior or supervisory nurse, often in a hospital.
Any woman or girl with whom a bond is felt through common membership of a race, profession, religion or organization, such as feminism.
(quote-song) and (w)|album=Who’s Zoomin' Who?|title=Sisters Are Doin’ It for Themselves|passage=Sisters are doing it for themselves / Standing on their own two feet
A black woman.
2009, Rajen Persaud, ''Why Black Men Love White Women'', Simon and Schuster ((ISBN)), page (gbooks):
- The short “naps” of the average Sister do not sway in the wind as that of a blonde.
A woman, in certain labour or socialist circles; also as a form of address.
An entity that has a special or affectionate, non-hierarchical relationship with another.
Something in the same class.
To be sister to; to resemble closely.
''c''. 1607, (w), ''(w)'', Act V, Scene 1
- Deep clerks she dumbs; and with her needle composes
- Nature's own shape, of bud, bird, branch, or berry,
- That even her art sisters the natural roses;
- Her inkle, silk, twin with the rubied cherry