shoplift englannista suomeksi
varastaa myymälästä, näpistää
1704, John Dunton, ''The Athenian Oracle'', Athenian Society, Volume III, page 67,
- (..)and indeed it seems a Hardſhip in our Laws, that a poor Shoplift ſhou′d be hang′d for breaking in and pilfering a few Goods,(..).
To steal something from a shop / store during trading hours.
2004 May 17, Andrew Sean Greer, ''The New Yorker'',
- She taught Maddy to sing in Portuguese, to shoplift mascara, to play a drinking game called Spoons
To steal from shops / stores during trading hours.
1938 April, William Peery, ''Thank Rotary!'', ''The Rotarian'', page 52,
- Once, before we had juvenile court here, I made the mistake of putting on probation a boy who had shoplifted, a boy of good family. That boy later shot a man.
- Thus, the teacher shook down the kids, the big kids shook down the little kids, the little kids shoplifted to get money, ''etc''., ''etc''.
2002 November 25, ''The New Yorker'',
- In other words, New York is a better place to shoplift.