safety englannista suomeksi
''If you push it to the limit, safety is not guaranteed.''
(quote-av)|(w)|3|12|episode=911|network=HBO||Oh, oh! “Go to safety”! Why didn’t I think of that⁉ Here I am in danger when, really, I could simply be going to safety! I shouldn’t have wasted your time by calling in the first place!
''Be sure that the safety is set before proceeding.''
''He sacked the quarterback in the end zone for a safety.''
''The free safety made a game-saving tackle on the runner who had broken past the linebackers.''
1952, (w), ''(w)'', Time Life Books, 1966, p.(nbs)225,https://archive.org/details/thenatural00mala
- Boy wondered about that bunt. He had a notion Fowler would commit himself soon because time was on the go. But Fowler didn’t, making it another sweep of three Pirates. He had thus far given up only two safeties.
Preservation from escape; close custody.
(circa) (w), ''(w)'', Act IV, Scene 2http://www.opensourceshakespeare.org/views/plays/play_view.php?WorkID=kingjohn&Scope=entire&pleasewait=1&msg=pl
- (..) imprison him, (..) / Deliver him to safety; and return,
1897, ''American Architect and Architecture'' (volumes 57-58, page 51)
- Many wheelmen and wheelwomen, riding safeties, tandems and tricycles, stopped there during the evening and we had good opportunity for comparing American and English bicycles (..)
to secure a firing pin, as in guns, to keep the gun from firing
2011 Time Crime, page 92
- Time went back to normal for him; he safetied his own weapon and dropped it, jumping forward.
2012 Blowout, page 343
- Osborne lay propped up on one elbow, his pistol cocked, his aim wavering in the general direction the man had gone. Finally he safetied it, stuffed it in the holster on his right hip, and reached for his cell phone in his jacket pocket. But it was gone.