rugged englannista suomeksi
(RQ:Twain Roughing It)}
2011, Ronke Luke-Boone, ''African Fabrics: Sewing Contemporary Fashion with Ethic Flair''
- Commercially produced yarn, such as rayon, produces a cloth with a smoother, shinier look than hand-spun cotton, but the uneven, rugged look of hand-spun cotton can be quite appealing.
Rough with bristly hair; shaggy.
2010, Arthur Queen Jr., ''Young Man: Ageless Fatherly Wisdom to Hold''
- Many women and men delude themselves into thinking that only the hardest and most rugged man is attractive and to many it may be the case.
2013, Vicky Baker in ''The Guardian'', Riding with the cowboys on a Mexico ranch
- Hidden within 30,000 acres of rugged private land, the ranch is cocooned by peaks and canyons in all directions.
Harsh; austere; hard
Sour; surly; frowning; wrinkled
Violent; rude; boisterous
Vigorous; robust; hardy
1909, (w), ''Martin Eden''
- "Her gaze rested for a moment on the muscular neck, heavy corded, almost bull-like, bronzed by the sun, spilling over with rugged health and strength..."
Designed to reliably operate in harsh usage environments and conditions.
2011, Nick Fletcher, Psion drops 2% after supply chain issues push it into loss
- Psion, which supplies a range of rugged hand held computers, has lost nearly 2% after announcing a plunge into the red.
Having a rug or rugs.
Covered with a rug.