quad englannista suomeksi
Four shots of espresso.
Having four shots of espresso.
A quadrangle (gloss).
2014, Walker Orenstein, for Norwest Asian Weekly, ''Cherry trees from Japan to grace UW campus'':
- Every spring, the quad on the University of Washington (UW) campus transforms from a peaceful green space to a bustling habitat for hundreds of shuttering cameras, families, and onlookers.
A quadruplet (gloss).
2010, Tony Mullen, Claudio Andaur, ''Blender Studio Projects: Digital Movie-Making'' (page 91)
- Tris and quads have different areas of functionality. In real-time graphics, tris are the norm because they provide the most basic geometric representations of planes.
The quadriceps muscle.
A quadriplegic person.
(quote-book)|passage=The worse was the realization that this was my new reality. This too was Bill's debut as a husband of a quad and his first social gathering since June 22.
(quote-journal)|url=https://www.airspacemag.com/daily-planet/brief-history-quadrotors-180963372/|passage=Today you can buy quadrotor drones—also known as quadcopters—of just about any kind, for just about any price. The extremely wealthy can buy gold-plated quads, and the rest of us can buy tiny plastic ones.
Of or relating to quads.
A bike (gloss)
(abbreviation of) (gloss)
to ride a bike
- “Quadrats, sir. We call 'em quads.” . . . Quads are the spaces left between the paragraphs that come white on the paper. If you look here, at this page that is set-up, you will see that they are deeper than the spaces left between the words and letters—regular little trenches.
1979, Marshall Lee, ''Bookmaking'', p 110:
- Horizontal spacing is further divided into multiples and fractions of the em. The multiples are called ''quads''. The fractions are called ''spaces''.
2005, Phil Baines and Andrew Haslam, ''Type & Typography'', 2nd ed, p 91:
- Other larger spaces – known as quads – were used to space out lines.
A joke used to fill long days of setting type.
To fill spaces in a line of type with quads. Also ''quad out''.
To align text with the left or right margin, or centre it.