prune englannista suomeksi
The dried, wrinkled fruit of certain species of plum.
To become wrinkled like a dried plum, as the fingers and toes do when kept submerged in water.
2005, Alycia Ripley, ''Traveling with an Eggplant'' (page 111)
- I hardly left that spot in my pool that month even when my fingers pruned and chlorine dried out my skin.
''A good grape grower will prune the vines once a year.''
''to prune a budget, or an essay''
1676, (w), ''All For Love, Epilogue.''
- For 'tis observed of every scribbling man,
- He grows a fop as fast as e'er he can;
- Prunes up, and asks his oracle, the glass,
- If pink or purple best become his face.
A plum (gloss)
A (l) (gloss)
A large, rounded boil.