propose englannista suomeksi
To suggest a plan, course of action, etc.
2019, VOA Learning English (public domain)
- President Moon Jae-in proposed the plan this week during a meeting with government officials, his spokesman said.
- : (audio)
To ask for a person's hand in marriage.
1859, (w), ''History of New England'', Preface (Google preview):
- I propose to relate, in several volumes, the history of the people of New England.
To talk; to converse.
1599, (w), ''(w)'', Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare)|Act 3 Scene 1:
- HERO. Good Margaret, run thee to the parlour;
- There shalt thou find my cousin Beatrice
- Proposing with the prince and Claudio
To set forth.
1616, (w) (translator), ''Homer's Iliad'', book 11:
- . . . so weighty was the cup,
- That being propos'd brimful of wine, one scarce could lift it up.
(RQ:Florio Montaigne Essayes)