off englannista suomeksi
pois päältä oleva, sammutettuna, suljettuna, poissa päältä, poissa päältä oleva, pois päältä
poissa, poissa oleva
- So this was my future home, I thought!(..)Backed by towering hills, the but faintly discernible purple line of the French boundary off to the southwest, a sky of palest Gobelin flecked with fat, fleecy little clouds, it in truth looked a dear little city; the city of one's dreams.
Into a state of non-operation or non-existence.
So as to remove or separate, or be removed or separated.
Cancelled; not happening.
''The party's off because the hostess is sick.''
Not fitted; not being worn.
''Your feet will feel better once those tight boots are off.''
''The drink spilled out of the bottle because the top was off.''
Less than normal, in temperament or in result.
''I felt that his comments were a bit off.''
''Our family used to be well off; now we're very badly off.''
''How are you off for milk? Shall I get you some more from the shop?''
Started the way.
1922 , Joyce|James Joyce, ''(w)'', chapter V:http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/4300
- —Hello, Bloom. Where are you off to?
- —Hello, M’Coy. Nowhere in particular.
1937, (w), ''Their Eyes Were Watching God'', Harper Perennial (2000), p.151:
- He came in, took a look and squinched down into a chair in an off corner and didn’t open his mouth.
— ''I'll have the chicken please.''
— ''Sorry, chicken's off today.''
On the side furthest from the kerb (the right-hand side if one drives on the left).
1963, Jack Schaefer: ''Monte Walsh'', page 174:
- The man and the horse came closer and were Sonny Jacobs of the Diamond Six and a smallish neat sorrel definitely favouring its off forefoot.
''The off front wheel came loose.''
Not positioned upon; away from a position upon.
Detached, separated, excluded or disconnected from; away from a position of attachment or connection to.
Removed or subtracted from.
No longer wanting or taking.
of|Out of the possession of.
''Tantalum bar 6 off 3/8" Dia × 12"'' — Atom, Great Britain Atomic Energy Authority, 1972
''samples submitted … 12 off Thermistors type 1K3A531 …'' — BSI test report for shock and vibration testing, 2000
To switch off.
(alternative spelling of)