nut englannista suomeksi
pöljä, pöhkö, kahjo
A hard-shelled seed.
1998, Brian Hingley, ''Furniture Repair & Refinishing'' - Page 95http://books.google.com/books?id=lPYWVti6GR0C&pg=PA95&dq=bolt+%22nut+into%22&hl=en&ei=FPAWTuXGOIm08QPkl5j8Dw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CE0Q6AEwAwv=onepage&q=bolt%20%22nut%20into%22&f=false
- As the bolt tightens into the nut, it pulls the tenon on the side rail into the mortise in the bedpost and locks them together. There are also some European beds that reverse the bolt and nut by setting the nut into the bedpost with the bolt inserted into a slotted area in the side of the rail.
A crazy person.
Monthly expense to keep a venture running.
The amount of money necessary to set up some venture; set-up costs.
1971, Hunter S. Thompson, ''Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas'', Harper Perennial (2005), page 11:
- My attorney was waiting in a bar around the corner. “This won't make the nut,” he said, “unless we have unlimited credit.”
En, a unit of measurement equal to half of the height of the type in use.
An extravagantly fashionable young man. (defdate)
1914, (w), ‘The Dreamer’, ''Beasts and Superbeasts'', Penguin 2000 (qualifier), p. 323:
- ‘You are not going to be what they call a Nut, are you?’ she inquired with some anxiety, partly with the idea that a Nut would be an extravagance which her sister's small household would scarcely be justified in incurring ....
2020, Dontavious Robinson, ''Gangster Mission Part One'', Page Publishing, Inc ((ISBN))
- (..) feelin&39; her pussy grippin&39; his dick as her nut lubricated him (..)
2005, Tony Lourens, ''Guide to climbing'' page 88
- When placing nuts, always look for constrictions within the crack, behind which the nut can be wedged.
The best possible hand of a certain type, for instance: "nut straight", "nut flush", and "nut full house". Compare (m).
(ux) the best possible straight available (it can't be beat by any other straight, though it can still be beat by a better non-straight hand)
(ux) the best possible flush available
(ux) the best possible full house available
To gather nuts.
(quote-journal) the huge country fellow (..) leapt forth from the underwood, exclaiming "That is not allowed, gentlemen! That is not allowed! Nobody is allowed to nut here; I must take your names to Sir John!"
1995, (w), ''Morvern Callar'', Vintage 2015, p. 26:
- Did you like them boys? I goes.
- Nut. She shook her hair.
- Nut. Right townies.