moisture englannista suomeksi
(RQ:Shakespeare Henry 6-3)
(RQ:Dickens Nicholas Nickleby) Nicholas Nickleby’s eyes were dimmed with a moisture that might have been taken for tears.
(RQ:Stoker Dracula) as she arched her neck she actually licked her lips like an animal, till I could see in the moonlight the moisture shining on the scarlet lips and on the red tongue as it lapped the white sharp teeth.
1962, (w), ''(w),'' Boston: Houghton Mifflin, Chapter(nbs)6, p.(nbs)65,https://www.fadedpage.com/books/20151002/html.php
- The sage—low-growing and shrubby—could hold its place on the mountain slopes and on the plains, and within its small gray leaves it could hold moisture enough to defy the thieving winds.
The state of being moist.
(RQ:Bacon Sylva Sylvarum) all ''Exclusion'' of ''Open Aire,'' (which is euer Predatory) maintaineth the Body in his first Freshnesse, and Moisture:
1643, (w), ''Coopers Hill,'' p.(nbs)7,http://name.umdl.umich.edu/A37538.0001.001
- Such was the discord, which did first disperse
- Forme, order, beauty through the universe;
- While drynesse moisture, coldnesse heat resists,
- All that we have, and that we are subsists:
1794, (w), ''(w),'' London: J.(nbs)Johnson, Volume(nbs)1, Section(nbs)7, I.1, p.(nbs)39,http://name.umdl.umich.edu/004874881.0001.001
- organs of touch are excited by the unceasing variations of the heat, moisture, and pressure of the atmosphere;