lustrous englannista suomeksi
1599, (w), ''Night (play)|Twelfth Night'', Act IV, Scene 2, https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Twelfth_Night
- Why it hath bay windows transparent as barricadoes, and the clearstores toward the south north are as lustrous as ebony; and yet complainest thou of obstruction?
1892, (w), "Gods" in ''(w)'' (abridged reprint of the 1892 edition), New York: The Modern Library, 1921, p. 232, https://archive.org/details/leavesofgrass00whit
- Or Time and Space,
- Or shape of Earth divine and wondrous,
- Or some fair shape I viewing, worship,
- Or lustrous orb of sun or star by night,
- Be ye my Gods.
1924, (w), ''(w)'', London: Constable & Co., Chapter 1,http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0608511h.html
- It was a hot noon in July; and his face, lustrous with perspiration, beamed with barbaric good humor.
1936, (w), "Meditation Celestial & Terrestrial" in ''The Collected Poems of Wallace Stevens'', New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1971, p. 123,
- The wild warblers are warbling in the jungle
- Of life and spring and of the lustrous inundations,
- Flood on flood, of our returning sun.
2000, (w), ''(w)'', Random House Children's Books, 2001, Chapter 1,https://books.google.ca/books?id=hOQPxXSZOpsC&printsec=frontcoverv=onepage&q&f=false
- The sunlight lay heavy and rich on his lustrous golden fur, and his monkey hands turned a pine cone this way and that, snapping off the scales with sharp fingers and scratching out the sweet nuts.
As if shining with a brilliant light; radiant.