lively englannista suomeksi
(RQ:Milton Paradise Regained)
(RQ:Maxwell Mirror and the Lamp)
(quote-journal)|date=29 September 2011|passage=But with the lively dos Santos|Giovani Dos Santos pulling the strings behind strikers Pavlyuchenko|Roman Pavlyuchenko and Defoe|Jermain Defoe, Spurs controlled the first half without finding the breakthrough their dominance deserved.
1704, (w), ''(w): Or, A Treatise of the Reflections, Refractions, Inflections and Colours of Light''
- The colours of the prism are manifestly more full, intense, and lively that those of natural bodies.
1688, (w), ''Sacramental Preparation: Set forth in a Sermon on Matthew 5, 12.''
- His faith must be not only living, but lively too.
''c.'' 1600, (w)
- chaplets of gold and silver resembling lively flowers and leaves
Representing life; lifelike.
1632, (w) and (w), (w)
- I spied the lively picture of my father.
Airy; animated; spirited.
(RQ:Pope Essay on Man)
1846, (w), ''(w)''
- Speak the word, my livelies, and I'll pilot her in.
In a lifelike manner.
(RQ:Spenser Faerie Queene)
(RQ:Montaigne Florio Essaye), Folio Society, 2006, vol.1, p.220-1:
- the Painter ''Protogenes'' (..) having perfected the image of a wearie and panting dog, (..) but being unable, as he desired, lively to represent the drivel or slaver of his mouth, vexed against his owne worke, took his spunge, and moist as it was with divers colours, threw it at the picture (nb..).