learn englannista suomeksi
saada tietoonsa, saada tietää
2016, VOA Learning English (public domain)
- Every day I learn more about this great city.
- : (audio)
- ''For, as he took delight to introduce me, I took delight to learn.''
The act of learning something
*(quote-book)|year=2003|author=Gregory A. Raymer |title=The Woodie Chronicles: My Journey Through America on the road t recovery in a 1949 Woodie Wagon
''Give him a clip round the ear. That'll learn him!''
(RQ:Mlry MrtDrthr)/ and therfore Tramtrist cast grete loue to la beale Isoud / for she was at that tyme the fairest mayde and lady of the worlde / And there Tramtryst lerned her to harpe / and she beganne to haue grete fantasye vnto hym
1599, (w), ''(w)'', Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare)|Act 4 Scene 1
- Sweet prince, you learn me noble thankfulness.
circa 1611, (w), ''(w),'' Tragedy of CymbelineSCENE V. Britain. A room in CYMBELINE.27S palace.|Act I Scene 5:
- Have I not been / Thy pupil long? Hast thou not learn’d me how / To make perfumes?
1993, ''The Simpsons'', (18 Feb. 1993) https://web.archive.org/web/20100808014927/http://www.snpp.com/guides/brainspeaks.html Lisa's thoughts:
- That'll learn him to bust my tomater.