initiate englannista suomeksi
aloittaa, panna alulle
uusi jäsen, noviisi, aloittelija
A new member of an organization.
One who has been through a ceremony of initiation.
1859-1860, (w), '' Ultimate Civilisation''
- How are changes of this sort to be initiated?
1653-1655, (w), ''An Antidote against Atheism''
- Divine Providence would only initiate and enter mankind into the useful knowledge of her, leaving the rest to employ our industry.
- to initiate his pupil in any part of learning
- The Athenians believed that he who was initiated and instructed in the mysteries would obtain celestial honour after death.
- He was initiated into half a dozen clubs before he was one and twenty.
To do the first act; to perform the first rite; to take the initiative.
Unpractised; untried; new.
Begun; commenced; introduced to, or instructed in, the rudiments; newly admitted.