improvement englannista suomeksi
November 9, 1662, (w), ''Of the Creation of Man in the Image of God''
- I look upon your city as (..)the best place of improvement.
1783, (w), ''Lectures on Rhetoric and Belles Lettres''
- Exercise is the chief source of improvement in all our faculties.
(RQ:Maxwell Mirror and the Lamp)
The act of making profitable use or application of anything, or the state of being profitably employed; practical application, for example of a doctrine, principle, or theory, stated in a discourse.
1705, (w), ''Evidences of Natural and Revealed Religion''
- good improvement of his reason.
1681, (w), ''A sermon preached at the funeral of the Reverend Mr Thomas Gouge''
- I shall make some improvement of this doctrine.
The state of being improved; betterment; advance
Something which is improved
- The parts of Sinon, Camilla, and some few others, are improvements on the Greek poet.
Increase; growth; progress; advance.
(RQ:South Twelve Sermons)
Valuable additions or betterments, for example buildings, clearings, drains, fences, etc., on premises.
''(Patent Laws):'' A useful addition to, or modification of, a machine, manufacture, or composition.