import englannista suomeksi
Something brought in from an exterior source, especially for sale or trade.
The practice of importing.
A foreigner playing in a sports league.
To in|bring (something) in from a foreign country, especially for sale or trade.
To load a file into a software application from another version or system.
''How can I import files from older versions of this application?''
To be important; to be significant; to be of consequence.
- See how much it importeth to learn to take Time by the Fore-Top.
To be of importance to (someone or something).
(quote-book)|passage=''This Letter is mistooke: it importeth none here: It is writ to laquenetta.''
(RQ:Dryden Spanish Frya)
- If I endure it, what imports it you?
To be incumbent on (someone to do something).
1762, (w), ''The History of England'':
- ''It imports us to get all the aid and assistance we can.''
To be important or crucial to (that something happen).
1819, (w), ''(w)'':
- ''It much imports your house That all should be made clear.''
To mean, signify.
- Every petition (..) doth (..) always import a multitude of speakers together.
To express, to imply.
(l) (act of importing)
(l) (something brought in from a foreign country)
An (l) (gloss)