horrible englannista suomeksi
hirveä, hirmuinen, inhottava, kaamea, kauhea, järkyttävä, kamala, karmea, karmiva
1851, Herman Melville, ''Moby Dick''
- Here's a carcase. I know not all that may be coming, but be it what it will, I'll go to it laughing. Such a waggish leering as lurks in all your horribles!
1982, United States Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, ''The Genocide Convention: Hearing Before the Committee on Foreign Relations, United States Senate''
- A lot of the possible horribles conjured up by the people objecting to this convention ignore the plain language of this treaty.
1991, Alastair Scott, ''Tracks Across Alaska: A Dog Sled Journey''
- The pot had previously simmered skate wings, cods' heads, whales, pigs' hearts and a long litany of other horribles.
2000, John Dean, CNN interview, January 21, 2000:
- I'm trying to convince him that the criminal behavior that's going on at the White House has to end. And I give him one horrible after the next. I just keep raising them. He sort of swats them away.
2001, Neil K. Komesar, ''Law's Limits: The Rule of Law and the Supply and Demand of Rights''
- Many scholars have demonstrated these horribles and contemplated significant limitations on class actions.
(RQ:Besant Ivory Gate) it is a black spot which all the soaps ever advertised could never wash off.
(quote-book)|author=(w)|comment=The New Yorker, March 19
2010, Roger Ebert, ''Roger Ebert's Movie Yearbook 2010'', page 599:
- Having now absorbed all or parts of 750 responses to my complaints about ''Transformers'', I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that most of those writing agree with me that it is a horrible movie.
(l); causing horror.