holding englannista suomeksi
1980, Joseph D. Dwyer, ''Russia, the Soviet Union, and Eastern Europe'' (page 9)
- Although this survey lists only a small number of representative materials in the Hoover Library's Baltic Collection, a comprehensive view of the library's holdings can be gained from the Hoover Institution's card catalog or its printed equivalent
2009, The Economist, ''Law and order in Italy: Trouble with figures''
- Italy's right-wing prime minister was about to cure his biggest headache by selling the state's holding in a troubled airline, Alitalia.
2014, D. K. Acharya, ''Standard Methods of Contract Bridge Complete'' (page 378)
- The defender at third position is supposed to keep the partner informed of his holdings in that suit.
- Take again / From this my hand, as holding of the Pope / Your sovereign greatness and authority.
1598, William Shakespeare|William Shakespeare, ''s: All's Well That Ends Well|All's Well That Ends Well'', IV. ii. 27:
- This has no holding, / To swear by him whom I protest to love / That I will work against him.
- Make battery to our ears with the loud music; / The while I'll place you; then the boy shall sing. / The holding every man shall beat as loud / As his strong sides can volley.
(present participle of)