firing englannista suomeksi
''After the pots have been glazed, they go back into the kiln for a second firing.''
The fuel for a fire.
(circa), (w), ''(w)'', Act 2, Scene 2,http://www.opensourceshakespeare.org/views/plays/play_view.php?WorkID=tempest&Scope=entire&pleasewait=1&msg=pl
- No more dams I’ll make for fish;
- Nor fetch in firing
- At requiring (..)
1933, (w), ''(w)'', New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, 1961, Chapter 25, p. 133,https://archive.org/details/downoutinparisan00geor
- Downstairs there was a kitchen common to all lodgers, with free firing and a supply of cooking-pots, tea-basins, and toasting-forks.
The act of adding fuel to a fire.
1719, (w), ''(w)'', London: W. Taylor, p. 308,http://name.umdl.umich.edu/004845034.0001.000
- (..) they fir’d several Times, making other Signals for the Boat.
- At last, when all their Signals and Firings prov’d fruitless, and they found the Boat did not stir, we saw them by the Help of my Glasses, hoist another Boat out, and row towards the Shore (..)
1940, (w), ''(w)'', London: Jonathan Cape, Chapter 43, p. 417,https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.463378
- He heard the firing and as he walked he felt it in the pit of his stomach as though it echoed on his own diaphragm.
2016, (w), “Theresa May’s Shock Therapy,” ''(w)'', 19 July, 2016,https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/opinion/theresa-mays-shock-therapy.html
- Even the most seasoned analysts of British politics were struck by the brutality of Ms. May’s hirings and firings.
(present participle of)