feral englannista suomeksi
Contemptible, unruly, misbehaved.
A domesticated animal that has returned to the wild; an animal, particularly a domesticated animal, living independently of humans.
2005, Alexandra Powe Allred, ''Cats' Most Wanted: The Top 10 Book of Mysterious Mousers, Talented Tabbies, and Feline Oddities'', unnumbered page,
- Traffic, abuse, inhumane traps, and accidental poisoning are other hazards ferals must face.(..)In England one gamekeeper claimed to have killed over three hundred ferals, while another brought home pelts to his wife so that she could design rugs from cat skins as a source of secondary income.
2007, Clea Simon, ''Cries and Whiskers'', page 26,
- You trap ferals, neuter them, and give them their rabies shot. Maybe distemper.
2011, Gina Spadafori, Paul D. Pion, ''Cats for Dummies'', unnumbered page,
- If you′ve ever put a saucer of milk out for a hard-luck kitty, or if you′re spending your lunch hour sharing sandwiches with the ferals near your office, this is the chapter for you.
1995, Bill Metcalf, ''From Utopian Dreaming to Communal Reality: Cooperative Lifestyles in Australia'', page 82,
- The intolerance which was directed towards us during the early years has now shifted to ‘the ferals’ who embrace a new version of nonconformist behaviour that even some of us in their parent′s generation — the Aquarian settlers — don′t like. The ferals are the scapegoats for the drug problems here, and are highly visible since many of them have nowhere to live.
- A pod of ferals was moving towards the exit, a half-dozen soap-shy, low-tech, bush-dwelling hippies.
2010, Anna Krien, ''Into The Woods: The Battle For Tasmania's Forests'', page 102,
- It′s the rootlessness of the ferals that people don′t seem to trust; their claims of connectedness to all wild places touches a nerve. Even residents of Maydena who want to see the Florentine protected dislike the ratbags′ itinerancy.
A character in (l) art or (l) which has the physical characteristics (body) of a regular animal (typically (l)), that may or may not be able to communicate with humans or anthros (contrasts (l))
''The story is about a group of ferals which have to explore the ruins of society after the humans die out.''