fan englannista suomeksi
A hand-held device consisting of concertinaed material, or slats of material, gathered together at one end, that may be opened out into the shape of a sector of a circle and waved back and forth in order to move air towards oneself and cool oneself.
(senseid) An electrical or mechanical device for moving air, used for cooling people, machinery, etc.
The action of fanning; agitation of the air.
1998, Brock Thoene, Bodie Thoene, ''A New Frontier: Saga of the Sierras'' (page 181)
- "If I cannot be of service, then I certainly don't wish to impose," said McGinty, with a quick fan of breeze that indicated a sweeping bow.
- The oxen likewise and the yong asses that eare the ground, shall eate cleane prouender which hath bene winnowed with the shouell and with the fanne.
- Whose fanne is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floore, and gather his wheat into the garner: but wil burne vp the chaffe with vnquenchable fire.
To blow air on (something) by means of a fan (hand-held, mechanical or electrical) or otherwise.
''We enjoyed standing at the edge of the cliff, being fanned by the wind.''
(quote-book)|chapter=The Pool of Tears|title=(w)|location=London|publisher=MacMillan and Co.|year_published=1866|page=19|pageurl=https://archive.org/stream/alicesadventur00carrpage/19|passage=Alice took up the fan and gloves, and, as the hall was very hot, she kept fanning herself all the time she went on talking.
(quote-book) her a swell fanning, for not taking a look at that driver.
To dispel by waving a hand-held fan.
To perform a maneuver that involves flicking the top rear of an old-style gun.
To winnow grain.
To apply (the brake) many times in rapid succession.
To out (a batter).
(ca-verb form of)
(alternative form of)
- Jesus a apasa ngeni Peter, "Upwe apasa ngonuk pwe non ei chok pwinin me mwen ewe chukȯ epwe kökkö, fan unungat kopwe apasa pwe kose sinei ei."
- : ''Jesus said to Peter, "I tell you that in this night before the chicken calls, three times you will say that you don't know me."''
fan: a person who is fond of something or someone.
fan (admirer or follower)
(nonstandard spelling of)
a fan (gloss)
''Må fan ta dig.''
May the devil take you.
''Du var mig en jobbig fan.''
You're one tricky little devil.
damn (referring to the devil)
''Fan! Jag glömde nycklarna.''
Damn! I forgot my keys.
''jag är ett stort fan av saffransbullar''
I'm a huge fan of saffron buns
(soft mutation of)