dispose englannista suomeksi
myydä, siirtää, luovuttaa
1600, (w), ''(w)'', act 4, scene III
- Now, dear soldiers, march away: / And how thou pleasest, God, dispose the day!
1811, (w), ''(w)'', chapter 6
- Marianne’s pianoforte was unpacked and properly disposed of, and Elinor’s drawing were affixed to the walls of their sitting rooms.
1934, (w), Fer-de-Lance (book)|''Fer-de-Lance'', 1992 Books|Bantam edition, (ISBN), page 47:
- I sat down within three feet of the entrance door, and I had no sooner got disposed than the door opened and a man came in(..).
1818 (first published), (w), ''diary entry for 1634''
- what he designed to bestow on her funeral, he would rather dispose among the poor
(ux) (Used here intransitively in the passive voice)
- Endure and conquer; Jove will soon dispose / To future good our past and present woes.
(RQ:Bacon Of Suspicio)
- They suspicions dispose kings to tyranny, husbands to jealousy, and wise men to irresolution and melancholy.
(RQ:Besant Ivory Gate)
- At twilight in the summer(..)the mice come out. They(..)eat the luncheon crumbs. Mr. Checkly, for instance, always brought his dinner in a paper parcel in his coat-tail pocket, and ate it when so disposed, sprinkling crumbs lavishly(..)on the floor.
(RQ:Shakespeare Julius Caesar)
- the knightly forms of combat to dispose