diet englannista suomeksi
2013, Martin D Buckland, Lynda Hall, Alan Mowlem, ''A Guide to Laboratory Animal Technology'', page 56:
- It is common policy to order no more diet than will be used within one month.
Containing less fat, salt, sugar, or calories than normal, or claimed to have such.
1998, Andy Sae, ''Chemical Magic from the Grocery Store'':
- The difference in weight (mass) of the regular and the diet drink of the same brand roughly equals to the amount of sugar in the regular drink.
2010, ''Lonely Planet Peru'' (ISBN), page 347:
- Diet Light (Pizarro 724; snacks S2-7; 9:30am-10pm)This perennially busy place serves not-very-diet, but yummy nonetheless, ice cream (S2 to S5) and whopping servings of mixed fruit (S3) – with ice cream.
Having certain traits subtracted.
To regulate the food of (someone); to put on a diet.
- they will diet themselves, feed and live alone.
To modify one's food and beverage intake so as to decrease or increase body weight or influence health.
''I've been dieting for six months, and have lost some weight.''
To eat; to take one's meals.
(RQ:Bacon Of Trave)
- Let him(..)diet in such places, where there is good company of the nation, where he travelleth.
To cause to take food; to feed.
1603, (w), ''(w)''
- But partly led to diet my revenge ….
''They were given representation of some important diet committees.''
A session of exams
- Normally the diet begins towards the end of April.
''a diet of worship''
that (near the listener)