crazy englannista suomeksi
1828, James Hogg, ''Mary Burnet''
- Those words appearing to be merely the ravings of superannuation, they were not regarded; but when no other traces of Mary could be found, old Andrew went up to consult this crazy dame once more, but he was not able to bring any such thing to her recollection.
(quote-book)|chapter=5| title=http://openlibrary.org/works/OL5535161W Mr. Pratt's Patients| passage=Of all the queer collections of humans outside of a crazy asylum, it seemed to me this sanitarium was the cup winner. (..) When you're well enough off so's you don't have to fret about anything but your heft or your diseases you begin to get queer, I suppose.
(quote-song)|year=2018|author=(w), (w), (w), (w), (w)|album=(w)|artist=Ava Max|url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXBHCQYxwr0|text=Grab-a-cop-gun kinda crazy / She's poison but tasty / Yeah, people say "Run, don't walk, away"
Out of control.
Very excited or enthusiastic.
1864, R. B. Kimball, ''Was He Successful?''
- The girls were crazy to be introduced to him.
*1789, (w), ''Zeluco'', Valancourt 2008, p. 203:
- Buchanan shewed her into a room adjoining to Mr. Steele's dressing-room, and separated from it by a very crazy partition.
(RQ:Macaulay History of England)
1816, (w), "Memoirs of Madame de Larochejaquelein", in ''(w) February 1816''
- They (..) got a crazy boat to carry them to the island.
1663, (w), ''(w)''
- Over moist and crazy brains.
- One of great riches, but a crazy constitution.
*c. 1793, (w), ''Memoirs'', Penguin 1990, p. 61:
- My poor aunt has often told me (..) how long she herself was apprehensive lest my crazy frame, which is now of common shape, should remain for ever crooked and deformed.
2011 ''(w)'', "Pilot" (season 1, episode 1):
- Allen Gregory DeLongpre: Now drink up, you knuckleheads! Have a blast! It's our night, you crazies! Chloe, where are you?
Eccentric behaviour; lunacy.