country englannista suomeksi
2010, David Vann, ''The Observer'', 7 Mar 2010:
- We walk along flat, open country, red dirt and spinifex grass, a few short trees(nb..).
A set region of land having particular human occupation or agreed limits, especially inhabited by members of the same race, speakers of the same language etc., or associated with a given person, occupation, species etc. (defdate)
2007, Chris Moss, ''The Guardian'', 17 Feb 2007:
- This is condor country – the only region this far east where you can see the magnificent vulture – and a small national park straddling the passes, El Condorito, is a good stopover for walkers and birders.
1994, (w), ''Long Walk to Freedom'', Abacus 2010, page 3:
- It is a beautiful country of rolling hills, fertile valleys, and a thousand rivers and streams which keep the landscape green even in winter.
2010, ''The Economist'', 3 Feb 2011:
- These days corporate Germany looks rather different. Volkswagen, the country’s leading carmaker, wants to be the world’s biggest by 2018.
(RQ:Montaigne Florio Essayes).
2000, Alexander Chancellor, ''The Guardian'', 4 Mar.:
- I have always thought that one of the main reasons for the popularity of blood sports in the country is the pointlessness of going outdoors with no purpose or destination in mind.
(ellipsis of) (defdate)
From or in the countryside or connected with it.
Of or connected to music.
1872, ''Silk in India'' (page 16)
- We have seen that the Company manufactured silk stuffs at three of its Residencies, but from country-wound silk.
1884, ''Journal of the United Service Institution of India'' (page 185)
- A reference to the Annual Administration Reports of the Department of Horse-breeding Operations (..) will allow of the opinion being arrived at, that the breed of country horses under the present regime is steadily improving.
1937, Brigadier-General H. A. Young, ''The East India Company’s Arsenals & Manufactories''
- Country harness costs nearly as much, lasts half the time, and is in every respect inferior. It is understood that the only reason is that the Court desires to improve and encourage Indian manufactures.