confess englannista suomeksi
(senseid) To admit to the truth, particularly in the context of sins or crimes committed.
''I confess to spray-painting all over that mural!''
''I confess that I am a sinner.''
- I must confess I was most pleased with a beautiful prospect that none of them have mentioned.
To acknowledge faith in; to profess belief in.
- Whosoever, therefore, shall confess me before men, him will I confess, also, before my Father which is in heaven.
- For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit; but the Pharisees confess both.
To unburden (oneself) of sins to God or a priest, in order to receive absolution.
- Our beautiful votary took an opportunity of confessing herself to this celebrated father.
To hear or receive such a confession of sins from.
1523–1525, (w) (translator), ''(w)''
- He (..) heard mass, and the prince, his son, with him, and the most part of his company were confessed.