chop englannista suomeksi
halkoa, silpoa, pilkkoa
(senseid) A cut of meat, often containing a section of a rib.
- I was standing at the meat counter, waiting for some rib lamb chops to be cut.
A blow delivered with the hand rigid and outstretched.
A hand where two or more players have an equal-valued hand, resulting in the chips being shared equally between them.
Termination, especially from employment; the sack.
A woodchopping competition.
To cut into pieces with short, vigorous cutting motions.
''chop wood''; ''chop an onion''
''Chop off his head.''
to give a downward cutting blow or movement, typically with the side of the hand.
To hit the ball downward so that it takes a high bounce.
To divide the pot (or tournament prize) between two or more players. (rfex)
To make a quick, heavy stroke or a series of strokes, with or as with an ax.
To do something suddenly with an unexpected motion; to catch or attempt to seize.
(RQ:L'Estrange Fables of Aesop)
To interrupt; with ''in'' or ''out''.
1550, (w), ''Sermon Preached before King Edward''
- This fellow (..)interrupted the sermon, even suddenly chopping in.
1644, (w), ''Aeropagitica'':
- this is not to put down Prelaty, this is but to chop an Episcopacy; this is but to translate the Palace ''Metropolitan'' from one kind of dominion into another, this is but an old canonicall sleight of ''commuting'' our penance.
To vary or shift suddenly.
''The wind chops about.''
To twist words.
(RQ:Bacon Of Judicatur)
- Let not the counsel at the bar chop with the judge.
To converse, discuss, or speak with another.
''East Chop; West Chop''
(senseid) An official stamp or seal, as in China and India.
''silk of the first chop''
A license or passport that has been sealed.
A complete shipment.
''a chop of tea''
1996, Peter Ludlow, ''High Noon on the Electronic Frontier'' (page 404)
- IRC supports mechanisms for the enforcement of acceptable behaviour on IRC. Channel operators — "chanops" or "chops" — have access to the /kick command, which throws a specified user out of the given channel.