carpet englannista suomeksi
- A great bargain also had been the excellent Axminster carpet which covered the floor; as, again, the arm-chair in which Bunting now sat forward, staring into the dull, small fire.
(quote-book)| title=(w)| chapter=1| url=http://openlibrary.org/works/OL2004261W| passage=The half-dozen pieces … were painted white and carved with festoons of flowers, birds and cupids. To display them the walls had been tinted a vivid blue which had now faded, but the carpet, which had evidently been stored and recently relaid, retained its original turquoise.
*(RQ:Shakespeare Richard 2)
2009, Loren Long, Phil Bildner, ''Magic in the Outfield'' (page 47)
- Way deep in left field, where the carpet of green sloped upward to a terrace and greeted the thick line of trees, he reached out his glove.
A wrought cover for tables.
(RQ:Fuller Church Histor)
- Tables and beds covered with copes instead of carpets and coverlets.
A woman's hair.
2017, Jennifer S. Holland, ''For These Monkeys, It’s a Fight for Survival.'', National Geographic (March 2017)http://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/03/macaques-monkeys-indonesia-endangered-pet-trade/
- The town of Tompasobaru, a six-hour drive from Tangkoko, is known for the fragrant cloves that carpet the front yards of homes, drying on tarps in the sun. But in the town’s open market, the air hung heavy with the metallic smell of the butcher’s wares.
1990, (w), ''The Great Game'', Folio Society 2010, p. 428:
- Even Colonel Yakov, so recently carpeted by St Petersburg, was reported to be back in the Pamirs.
1992 June 24, (w), Diary:
- At 4pm, the phone went. It was (w): 'We hear your daughter's been expelled for cheating at her school exams...'She'd made a remark to a friend at the end of the German exam and had been up|pulled up for talking.As they left the exam room, she muttered that the teacher was a 'twat'. He heard and flipped(mdas)a pretty stupid thing to do, knowing the kids were tired and tense after exams. Instead of dropping it, the teacher complained to the Head and Deb was carpeted.