bullet englannista suomeksi
kuti, luoti, ammus, pati
A large scheduled repayment of the principal of a loan; a payment.
A rejection letter, as for employment, admission to a school or a competition.
''John's not going to any of his top schools; he got a bullet from the last of them yesterday.''
(rfquote-sense) One year of prison time
1969, Robert L. Vann, ''The Competitor'' (volumes 2-3, page 135)
- The miser, a-seeking lost gelt,The doughboy, awaiting the battle,May possibly know how I feltWhile the long years dragged by as the dealerAs slow as the slowest of dubs,Stuck out the last helping of tickets'Till I lifted—the Bullet of Clubs!
Anything that is projected extremely fast.
The heavy projectile thrown in a game of bowling.
A small ball.
- Would you not suppose these persons had been whispered, by the Master of the Ceremonies, the promise of some momentous destiny? and that this lukewarm bullet on which they play their farces was the bull's-eye and centrepoint of all the universe?
- A ship before Greenwich (..) shot off her ordinance, one piece being charged with a bullet of stone.
1975, Pete Wingfield, ''Eighteen with a Bullet'' (song)
- I'm eighteen with a bulletGot my finger on the trigger, I'm gonna pull it(..)I'm high on the chartI'm tip for the top
2013, Hallee Bridgeman, ''A Melody for James''
- Her third release hit number one in record time — “number one with a bullet” as they said in the industry — and after that, there seemed to be no stopping her.
To draw attention to (text) by, or as if by, placing a graphic bullet in front of it.
To speed, like a bullet.
''Their debut started slow, but bulleted to number six in its fourth week.''
To make a shot, especially with great speed.
''He bulleted a header for his first score of the season.''
(quote-book ) take the cow and bull side of the question first. REMEMBER — you are a cow or bull. Mrs. Cow has been home all day busy getting the cotton seed meal and hulls ready for dinner, tending to the little cowlets and bullets and baking a bale of hay.
(l) (a printed symbol, e.g. •, used for marking items in a list) (defdate)