best englannista suomeksi
voittaa, kukistaa jku
(quote-book)|title=(w)|passage=When he is best, he is a little worse than a man.
- Heaven's last, best gift
(quote-song); (w)|title=Games (song)|Video Games|album=(w)|date=7 October 2011|artist=Lana Del Rey|passage=Swinging in the backyard / Pull up in your fast car whistling my name / Open up a beer / And you say get over here and play a video game / (..) / I say you the bestest / Lean in for a big kiss, put his favorite perfume on / Go play your video game
- Thou serpent! That name best befits thee.
- He prayeth best, who loveth best / All things both great and small.
- At her invitation he outlined for her the succeeding chapters with terse military accuracy ; and what she liked best and best understood was avoidance of that false modesty which condescends, turning technicality into pabulum.
To the most advantage; with the most success, cause, profit, benefit, or propriety.
- Had we best retire? I see a storm.
- Had I not best go to her?
''It's getting late. You best get on home.''
The supreme effort one can make, or has made.
''I did my best.''
''My personal best in that race is eighteen minutes, four seconds.''
One's best behavior.
''I was somewhat distant lately, and my lady promised me head every Tuesday of the week when I'm nice to her, so I better be on my best.''
The person (or persons; or thing or things) that is (are) most excellent.
1994, Otis L. Guernsey and Jeffrey Sweet, ''The Best Plays of 1993-1994'', page vii:
- Mel Gussow reviews the bests of off off Broadway
1995 October, ''Cincinnati Magazine'', https://books.google.com/books?id=DR8DAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PA5&dq=%22the%20bests%22&pg=PA5v=onepage&q=%22the%20bests%22&f=false:
- But in true Cincinnati style, the bests consistently outnumber the worsts.
2011, G. Edward Evans, Sheila S. Intner, and Jean Riddle Weihs, ''Introduction to Technical Services'', page 149:
- There are the bests for each institution, the bests for coalitions, and, of course, the bests for the group as a whole.
2013, Jesse Jose, ''Collections Of My Best And Most-Hated, "A Cup O' Kapeng Barako" Writings'', page 209:
- If he's one of the bests, he should be fighting the bests, NOT the ''pipitsugins''.
To surpass in skill or achievement.
To beat in a contest
(nl-adj form of); (l).
''Mag ik buiten spelen? — Ik vind het best, als je maar voor het eten weer thuis bent.''
May I go and play outside? — It's fine with me, as long as you're back home again before dinner.
''Dat zou best kunnen.''
It's quite possible.
(alternative form of).
(l); (superlative of)
(alternative form of)