bargain englannista suomeksi
löytö, tarjous-, tarjous, edullinen ostos, hyvä kauppa, säästö-
tinkiä, hieroa kauppoja
An agreement between parties concerning the sale of property; or a contract by which one party binds himself to transfer the right to some property for a consideration, and the other party binds himself to receive the property and pay the consideration.
1883, J. J. S Wharton, ''Wharton's Law Lexicon'':
- A contract is a bargain that is legally binding.
An agreement or stipulation; mutual pledge.
c. 1596-97, (w), ''(w)'', Act III scene iihttp://www.opensourceshakespeare.org/views/plays/play_view.php?WorkID=merchantvenice&Scope=entire&pleasewait=1&msg=pl:
- (..)And when your honors mean to solemnize / The bargain of your faith, I do beseech you, / Even at that time I may be married too.
An item purchased for significantly less than the usual, or recommended, price
A gainful transaction; an advantageous purchase.
- Thus the red damask curtains which now shut out the fog-laden, drizzling atmosphere of the Marylebone Road, had cost a mere song, and yet they might have been warranted to last another thirty years. A great bargain also had been the excellent Axminster carpet which covered the floor;(nb..).
The thing stipulated or purchased.
c. 1603, (w), ''(w)'', Act V scene iihttp://shakespeare.mit.edu/othello/index.html:
- If he say so, may his pernicious soul Rot half a grain a day! He lies to th' heart. She was too fond of her most filthy bargain.
To make a bargain; to make a deal or contract for the exchange of property or services; to negotiate
c. 1591, (w), ''(w)''http://shakespeare.mit.edu/1henryvi/index.html:
- So worthless peasants bargain for their wives.
- United we bargain, divided we beg
''They had to bargain for a few minutes to get a decent price for the rug.''
A corporate agreement; a trade deal.
A pact; a concord; an agreement with legal force.
An item or product; a commodity.
A situation as an outcome of prior behaviour from others.
A promise or commitment; an obligation due to prior agreement.
An argument or dispute.