arch englannista suomeksi
- kaartua, kaareutua
- holvi, kaari
(senseid)An inverted U shape.
An arch-shaped arrangement of trapezoidal stones, designed to redistribute downward force outward.
(senseid) An architectural element having the shape of an arch
Any place covered by an arch; an archway.
''to pass into the arch of a bridge''
A natural arch-shaped opening in a rock mass.
To form into an arch shape
''The cat arched its back''
To cover with an arch or arches.
''I attempted to hide my emotions, but an arch remark escaped my lips.''
- He spoke his request with so arch a leer.
1906, O. Henry, ''Courier|By Courier''
- A certain melancholy that touched her countenance must have been of recent birth, for it had not yet altered the fine and youthful contours of her cheek, nor subdued the arch though resolute curve of her lips.
- Lassiter ended there with dry humor, yet behind that was meaning. Jane blushed and made arch eyes at him.
- the most arch act of piteous massacre
- My worthy arch and patron comes to-night.