apparel englannista suomeksi
(RQ:Denham The Destruction of Tro)
- fresh in his new apparel, proud and young
Aspect, guise, form.
- At public devotions, her winning modesty, her resigned carriage, made virtue and religion appear with new ornaments, and in the natural apparel of simplicity and beauty.
1871, Travis Twiss, ''Black Book of the Admiralty''
- And if there is need of any thing, such as ship's apparel or other necessaries, and the merchants desire to purchase them, they may do so, and when the voyage is concluded, the merchants may claim for themselves the things which they have bought for the ship or vessel
1568, (w), Luke vii. 25
- They which are gorgeously appareled, and live delicately, are in kings' courts.
1881, (w), ''The Prince and the Pauper''
- presently entered a baron and an earl appareled after the Turkish fashion in long robes of bawdkin powdered with gold