Paul englannista suomeksi
(RQ:King James Version):
- Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him.
(given name) of biblical origin.
1848 (w), ''and Son/Chapter 1|Dombey and Son: Chapter 1'':
- 'He will be christened Paul, my - Mrs Dombey - of course.'
- She feebly echoed, 'Of course,' or rather expressed it by the motion of her lips, and closed her eyes again.
- 'His father's name, Mrs Dombey, and his grandfather's! I wish his grandfather were alive this day! There is some inconvenience in the necessity of writing Junior,' said Mr Dombey, making a fictitious autograph on his knee; 'but it is merely of a private and personal complexion. It doesn't enter into the correspondence of the House. Its signature remains the same.'
(place), named after (w).
(given name), a variant of the much more popular Poul
1946 (w), ''Pauli on koditon'', WSOY (1960), page 21:
- —Sanohan ensin mikä nimesi on?
- —Pauli, toisti Anna hitaasti. Minulla oli ennen pieni, Paul niminen veli, lisäsi hän.