Patrick englannista suomeksi
1993 Roddy Doyle: ''Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha'': page 138:
- - Are unusual names nice?
- - Yes.
- - Then why am I called Patrick?
- She laughed but only for a little bit. She smiled at me, I think to make sure that I knew she wasn't laughing at me.
- - Because your daddy's called Patrick, she said.
- I liked that, being called after my da.
- - There are five Patricks in our class, I said.
- - Is that right?
- - Patrick Clarke. That's me. Patrick O'Neill. Patrick Redmond. Patrick Genocci. Patrick Flynn.
- - That's a lot, she said. - It's a nice name. Very dignified.
- - Three of them are called Paddy, I told her. - One Pat and one Patrick.
(place), Commandant of the Native Police.
(given name), the English form of Patrice, quite popular in France