Dane englannista suomeksi
(RQ:Conrad Heart of Darkness)
A member of the Danes, a (l) tribe inhabiting the Danish islands and parts of southern (l).
(surname) for someone who came from Denmark, also a variant of Dean.
1913 Harry Leon Wilson, ''Bunker Bean'', BiblioBazaar, LLC, 2008, (ISBN), page 13
- Often he wrote good ones on casual slips and fancied them his; names like Trevellyan or Montressor or Delancey, with musical prefixes; or a good, short, beautiful, but dignified name like "Gordon Dane". He liked that one. It suggested something.
1977 McCullough|Colleen McCullough, ''The Thorn Birds'', Gramercy Books 1998, (ISBN), pages 432-433
- "I'm going to call him Dane."
- "What a queer name! Why? Is it an O'Neill family name? I thought you were finished with the O'Neills."
- "It's got nothing to do with Luke. This is ''his'' name, no one else's. - - - I called Justine Justine simply because I liked the name, and I'm calling Dane Dane for the same reason."
- "Well, it does have a nice ring to it," Fee admitted.
(place), in|co/Cheshire|cc/England|which joins the River|river/Weaver at (l).